8 x My favorite Christmas movies

1. The Holiday. My ultimate favorite #1. I just love everything about this movie: the music, the characters and the story (with all the clichès). Puts me in the best Christmas mood.

2. Home Alone 1 & 2. My favorite one is the second one, I simply love New York in Christmastime. All the iconic places, lots of Christmas lights and decorations everywhere.

3. Last Christmas. Last year I went to the movies to see this (remember when we used to do that?) and I really liked it. But it wasn’t as light as I expected it to be, it was quite sad at times. Still would definitely recommend, the story is super sweet.

4. The Grinch (2018). This animated version of The Grinch is not just for kids in my opinion, super funny but also touching.

5. Love Actually. Well of course!

6. Elf. I didn’t even want to give this a shot at first, it just seemed so annoying I don’t even know why, but it ended up being one of the funniest movies. Definitely a Christmas spirit movie.

7. The Family Stone. Every other Christmas after going through all the Christmas movies I remember this romantic comedy, I really like it even though it’s not the number one on my list. Still recommend if you haven’t seen it!

8. Bridget Jones’s Diary. Not sure if this is listed as a Christmas movie, but for me this is. The end scene is one of my favorite movie scenes ever.

9. Santa Claus and the Magic Drum. Love this movie from all animations the most, this movie also brings up memories the most. I’ve watched this every Christmas Eve since I was a kid. I know this Finnish movie is also recorded in English so wanted to include this here.

13 Comments

• Simone
    December 21, 2020 at 3:04 am

Hi Marianna,

Oh, I love The Holiday and Home Alone, however, the first movie is my favourite. And concerning The Grinch, I am not sure if I want to watch it or not 😉
    I can recommend these movies, should be on Netflix and Amazon Prime:

– Christmas under Wraps
    – Christmas Inheritance.
    – The spirit of Christmas / 12 Days before Christmas (not sure about the title)

I think I have watched each already 3 times this season…

Have a great Christmas xx
    Simone

• Anonymous
    December 21, 2020 at 3:13 am

We watched The Holiday last night! I agree with so many of these choices, but have you seen It’s A Wonderful Life? That is probably my #1 pick. It’s such a good message, it puts me right in the Christmas spirit.

Aimee

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
    December 21, 2020 at 8:41 am

I need to watch these! Thanks for the list! ❤️✨

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• miki
    December 21, 2020 at 9:47 am

Love Actually will always be ma absolute favorite !
    Miki x

• Eva Cardol
    December 21, 2020 at 10:45 am

I loveee Bridget Jones! definitely feels like a Christmas movie to me as well.
    And I really like Arthurs Christmas as well 🙂 Such a cute movie, can really recommend.

• Jo
    December 21, 2020 at 6:24 pm

I definitely recommend Klaus and all the parts of The Santa Clause series with Tim Allen. Oh and the Christmas Chronicles and Arthur Christmas 😍

• Linda
    December 21, 2020 at 8:23 pm

Home alone! Can’t imagine Christmas without them. What about Harry Potter? I love to watch it on Christmas time 😅

• Shannen
    December 21, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Oh the holiday is also my all time favourite ! It brings me all the cosy feels, & I loved all the other movies on the list. I will definitely refer back to this post when I´m undecided on what to watch 🙂

xo, Shannen

• Malin - MalinBelle.com
    December 21, 2020 at 11:39 pm

The Holiday is one of my favourites as well, & I also like Bridget Jones! 😊
    I recommend you to check out Disney’s A Christmas Carol, The Polar Express, Arthur Christmas, and Klaus! ❄

• Violetdaffodils Blog
    December 22, 2020 at 2:39 am

Great list! ❤️ The Holiday is my absolute fave as well! 😀 And I remember seeing the Rockefeller tree a few years ago in New York and was so in awe of it after seeing it feature on Home Alone 2! Truly magical! ❤️ I still need to watch the animated version of The Grinch, it looks so fun! 😀 xx

Violet Daffodils Blog