1. The Holiday. My ultimate favorite #1. I just love everything about this movie: the music, the characters and the story (with all the clichès). Puts me in the best Christmas mood.
2. Home Alone 1 & 2. My favorite one is the second one, I simply love New York in Christmastime. All the iconic places, lots of Christmas lights and decorations everywhere.
3. Last Christmas. Last year I went to the movies to see this (remember when we used to do that?) and I really liked it. But it wasn’t as light as I expected it to be, it was quite sad at times. Still would definitely recommend, the story is super sweet.
4. The Grinch (2018). This animated version of The Grinch is not just for kids in my opinion, super funny but also touching.
5. Love Actually. Well of course!
6. Elf. I didn’t even want to give this a shot at first, it just seemed so annoying I don’t even know why, but it ended up being one of the funniest movies. Definitely a Christmas spirit movie.
7. The Family Stone. Every other Christmas after going through all the Christmas movies I remember this romantic comedy, I really like it even though it’s not the number one on my list. Still recommend if you haven’t seen it!
8. Bridget Jones’s Diary. Not sure if this is listed as a Christmas movie, but for me this is. The end scene is one of my favorite movie scenes ever.
9. Santa Claus and the Magic Drum. Love this movie from all animations the most, this movie also brings up memories the most. I’ve watched this every Christmas Eve since I was a kid. I know this Finnish movie is also recorded in English so wanted to include this here.